Connecting Hospitality Companies & Candidates
Mr. Utah Hospitality jobs since 2001
You already have every ingredient necessary for success..
|Home||Management Jobs||Hourly Jobs||Career Tips||Email Job Updates||Contact Us||Employers|
|Posted Date||August 31||
|Job Title||Front Office Manager|
|Company||Marriott Residence Inn|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Position Summary: The purpose of the Front Office Manager is to support the Front Office Team in their day to day duties; to be a highly visible proactive representative of the hotel who is aimed towards addressing customer needs, anticipation and resolution of potential problems and creating an environment that is warm and welcoming.
· Supervise the front office to ensure that they are adhering to all hotel procedures, regulations and standards, while striving towards total guest satisfaction.
· Ensures smooth, efficient and professional operation of all front office operations.
· Ensures that all procedures and policies are in place and followed.
· Ensures smooth check-in and check-out of all guests through proper handling of guest accounts.
· Owns any guest requests and problems and satisfies their needs within acceptable guidelines.
· Performs all front desk functions when needed.
· Leads by example: Provides a gracious and aggressive hospitality towards all customers.
· Adheres to all policies, procedures and standards.
· Assists all associates with questions and or problems which might occur.
· Remains at front desk during peak hours to ensure efficient and smooth service is provided to all guests.
· Creates a productive and positive atmosphere; has a professional relationship with all associates and other departments.
· Empowers all associates to provide outstanding service by using their empowerment guidelines.
· Seeks out and solves problems.
· Plans and conducts meetings on a monthly basis.
· Audits all work for accuracy and consistency on a regular basis. Coaches and counsels staff when appropriate.
· Completes work or special projects as assigned and makes sure due dates are met.
· Works together with staff on the same level; trains and retrains on aggressive hospitality skills, technical skills and communication skills.
· Stays informed of sales strategies, packages, promotions, and discounts; knows how they relate to other departments and how they are to be handled.
· Develops a thorough knowledge of products - hotel rooms, type of rooms, amenities, services of hotel, brand standards etc.
· Develops knowledge of frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
· Controls costs effectively to meet budget guidelines.
· Carries out, within capability, all reasonable requests by management.
· Arrives to work on time.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
· Displays aggressive hospitality
· Communicates well with others
· Good organizational skills
· Has a great eye for detail
· Is flexible and has what it takes to get the job done
· Well presented; is well groomed and can conform to hotels dress code
· Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision
· Possesses a total commitment to guest satisfaction
· Previous hotel experience
· Seeing Must be able to see well enough to read reports, drive, and use a computer.
· Hearing - Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
· Standing/Walking/Mobility Must be able to stand to operate office machinery. Must be able to move between departments. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods.
· Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
· Lifting Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
· Fingering/Grasping/Feeling Must be able to write, type, and use the phone system.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
|Position Available||September 10|
$16.00 based on experience
|Contact Name||Susan Perez|
|Title||Director of Sales & Marketing|
|Company||Marriott Residence Inn|
|Address||171 E 5300 S|
|City, Zip||Murray, UT 84107|
|Apply||please apply online at HHG.Careers|