Connecting Hospitality Companies & Candidates ™
Mr. Utah Hospitality jobs since 2001
You already have every ingredient necessary for success..
|Home||Management Jobs||Hourly Jobs||Career Tips||Email Job Updates|
|Posted Date||May 31||
|Job Title||Maintenance Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Responsible for all aspects of the Engineering department to include the proper operation, maintenance, and repair of all heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and mechanical equipment. Develop, coordinate, and monitor a rooms maintenance program to ensure the safety and comfort of all staff and guests. Supervise, train, and manage all Engineering staff.
1. Working knowledge of:
a) Plumbing codes
b) Electrical codes
c) Federal/local fire codes
d) Local mechanical codes
e) Water treatment programs
f) Blue prints, plumbing, and wiring schematics
g) Power and hand tools, meters, etc. as it relates to the technical trades
2. Knowledge of or ability to learn all mechanical equipment critical to the operation of the building.
3. Fluency in job related English both verbal and non-verbal.
4. Provide legible communication and directions.
5. Compute basic math calculations
10. Ability to:
· Adhere to budgets and ensure cost controls.
· Enforce hotel's standards, policies, and procedures with all staff.
· Prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work to any support staff.
· Instruct/direct staff in the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
· Ascertain staff training needs and provide such training.
· Be a clear thinker, analyze, and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
· Work well under pressure.
· Understand guest inquiries, provide quick responses, and interact positively.
· Trouble-shoot and find alternative solutions in emergency situations.
· Ensure security and confidentiality of all hotel information.
· Interact positively with hotel personnel and provide prompt solutions to problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Greet guests using the 15/5 rule.
6. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Utilize designated preventive maintenance program of all-building equipment and guestrooms.
9. Maintain inventory of all parts and supplies.
10. Purchase all parts, supplies, tools, and equipment related to engineering, through direct contact with sales representatives.
11. Ensure the proper operation, maintenance, and repair of:
· Heaters, pumps, valves, and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
· Refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves as well as all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperatures.
· Air compressors along distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
· Natural and manufactured gas and distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
· Water filters, softeners, pipes, and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks and toilet bowls, as well as supply lines and water lines.
· All types of motors or engines used to power pumps, compressors, and fans.
· All types of locks, keys, and locksmith related duties.
· All electrical work and repairs.
12. Enforce safety regulations.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees, or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
|Position Available||Available now|
|Contact Name||Becky Plaizier|
|Address||13711 South 200 West|
|City, Zip||Draper, UT 84020|