Connecting Hospitality Companies & Candidates ™
Mr. Utah Hospitality jobs since 2001
You already have every ingredient necessary for success..
|Home||management jobs||Hourly jobs||Career Tips||Email Job Updates||Contact Us||Employers|
Job details and contact information to apply for this position is listed below.
All applications and information is kept strictly confidential.
|Posted Date||October 29|
|Job Title||Chief Engineer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly. Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, drywalling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment. Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance.
The Ogden Marriott is the base camp to the wonderful outdoors in Northern Utah. We are the only full service hotel in the local area. We pride ourselves in helping guests so they can perform at their best while here on business or pleasure. If you want to have fun while working, then we are the place. The Ogden Marriott is currently seeking a Chief Engineer to join our adventure team.
Our Chief Engineer is responsible to supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and administer the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates. Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the hotel’s mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FF&E, grounds, swimming pool, etc. as defined by Crescent and brand standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
3. Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
4. Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
5. Communicate with hotel department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
6. Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
7. Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening).
8. Maintain franchise standards and follow-up on inspection deficiencies.
9. Coordinate compliance of service contracts.
10. Implements and maintains Crescent’s preventative maintenance program.
11. Implement and maintain Crescent’s room care programs.
12. Implement and maintain Crescent’s engineering department minimum standards.
13. Assist General Manager with annual Capital Plan development.
14. Actively participate in Crescent’s Safety Plan and energy improvements.
15. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
16. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
|Contact Name||Candace Boyt|
|Title||Director of Human Resources|
|Address||247 24th Street|
|City, Zip||Ogden, UT 84404|