Connecting Hospitality Companies & Candidates ™
Mr. Utah Hospitality jobs since 2001
You already have every ingredient necessary for success..
|Home||Management Jobs||Hourly Jobs||Career Tips||Email Job Updates||Contact Us||Employers|
|Posted Date||August 15||
|Job Title||Front Desk Clerk|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Department||Front Office Guest Services|
|Greet and register guests, provide prompt and courteous service, and close out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet brand high standards of quality.|
1. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere
welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and
understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide
accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
2. Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Crescent and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
3. Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
4. Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
5. Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
6. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
7. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
8. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Prior experience working the front desk at a hotel preferred. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Good telephone etiquette skills. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Must be willing to pitch-in and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations. Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
|Position Available||Available now|
|Contact Name||Ivan Toca|
|Title||Assistant General Manager|
|Address||247 24th Street|
|City, Zip||Ogden, UT 84401|