The Banquet Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient
operation of the Banquet Department with a focus on cost control
and exceptional guest service.
Education & Experience:
least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related
• High School
diploma or equivalent required.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Must be proficient in Windows, company approved spreadsheets and
• Must have a
valid driver's license for the applicable state.
hours regularly required.
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Must be
able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of
action quickly and accurately.
Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations, must
maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc.
from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the
constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying
the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly,
service oriented manner.
Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Thanksgiving Point
standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to
• Maintain high
standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include
wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
• Comply at all times with Thanksgiving Point standards to
encourage safe and efficient operations.
• Prepare schedules and wage progress reports for all Banquet
• Prepare payroll for
the Banquet department.
as necessary in the setup, service and breakdown of banquet
• Coordinate all
banquet related food and beverage requirements with the
Keep kitchen informed of accurate counts for plating.
• Recruit, hire, train and evaluate all Banquet personnel.
• Review menu/service with Catering Event Managers and Food and
• Maintain up
to date details on banquet functions and communicate to
• Responsible for
ongoing training of captains/hourly employees to maintain
standards of service.
to guest requests as needed.
Prepare banquet checks, obtain guest signatures and inform client
of payment procedures at the completion of all assigned functions.
• Notify the Food & Beverage Director all materials and equipment
that require ordering or need to be replaced.
• Responsible for safety, sanitation, and cleanliness of service
• Responsible for loss
prevention programs among service employees.
• Attend Daily Food & Beverage Meeting and Weekly BEO Meeting to
ensure proper communication between departments.
• Conduct menu classes as necessary to develop staff.
• Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
• Ensure that
pre-meal meetings are conducted for all functions.
• Review Banquet Staffs hours worked for payroll compilation and
submit to accounting on a timely basis.
• Supervise the work
of Banquet Captains/Housemen and observe the performance of hourly
• Assist Food
& Beverage Director and Catering Director with budgeting.
• Responsible for control and maintenance of all service
equipment. Write service requests as necessary.
• Correct hazards and notify the Director of Maintenance or Food &
Submit order of all FOH
supplies to Food & Beverage Director for approval and maintain