Connecting Hospitality Companies & Candidates™
Mr. Utah Hospitality Jobs since 2001
Do what you need to, so you can do what you wan to.
|Home||Management Jobs||Hourly jobs||Career Tips||Email Job Updates||Contact Us||Employers|
|Posted Date||January 11|
|Job Title||Catering Sales Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Level||Sales & Marketing|
What knowledge, skills and abilities do I need to have? (the must-haves)
· Thorough knowledge of catering policies, procedures.
· Professional, goal oriented and motivated.
· Knowledge of food groups and appropriate menu suggestions for specific group types.
· Ability to work in a typical catering atmosphere requiring extensive phone usage.
· Sales experience.
· Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems. Copy, fax and scanning.
· Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines.
· Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives, agencies, and Red Lion guests.
· Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
· Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with others.
What are the essential functions?
· Solicit, book and service new and repeat local "catering only" business.
· Coordinate, plan and supervise local catering business involving 50 guest rooms or less which utilize hotel meeting/banquet facilities.
· Maintain detailed files with signed Catering Agreements and BEO's for all catering and group events booked, ensuring minimum revenues are met.
· Confirm all arrangements in writing adhering to Catering/Sales booking policies to include: menus, room set-ups, audio-visual requirements, attendance guarantees, music, floral arrangements or any other special needs.
· Confer with the Beverage Manager, Executive Chef and Catering Manager to insure guests' requests are met while maintaining and complying with the Hotel's quality standards, policies and procedures.
· Meet with Planner before, during and after function to ensure all guests' needs have been met.
· Communicate all details of the BEO ensuring all arrangements are confirmed by the appropriate hotel department heads.
· Study competitors methods and be familiar with what they are offering in their packages.
· Have passion for service; like taking care of others; and provide that friendly above and beyond service to Your customers
· Here are some of the legal items we talked about in the introduction. Review, comply with, and promote the company's Affirmative
Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
· The listed items may not be the only duties performed in this position - there will be other duties as assigned.
|Position Available||available now|
|Contact Name||Jason Koziol|
|Title||Manager of Recruiting & Training|
|Address||161 West 600 South|
|City, Zip||Salt Lake City, UT 84101|