Connecting Hospitality Companies & Candidates ™
Mr. Utah Hospitality jobs since 2001
You already have every ingredient necessary for success..
|Home||Management Jobs||Hourly Jobs||Career Tips||Email Job Updates||Contact Us||Employers|
|Posted Date||January 10||
|Job Title||Event Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Hospitality Sales Experience of at least 2 years|
The Event Manager is responsible for all events, catered functions
and meetings. The Event Manager will have the passion and drive
to find new revenue opportunities; a strategist who understands
their competitive sets and plans to own their market. He or she,
with the Area Director of Sales, will help to develop new
accounts, implementation of catering and marketing strategies,
manage, coordinate and record the catering activity of the hotel
so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer
satisfaction. The Event Manager will ensure total guest
satisfaction for all events, catered functions and meetings and
achieve budgeted food and beverage sales. This highly organized
and detail oriented individual will have a minimum of 2 5 years
hospitality experience and should possess prior hotel catering and
1. Insure smooth flow of information (communication) from Sales to Banquet Services and the Food and Beverage Department. Interface Daily with kitchen and banquet departments regarding specific client needs as well as attending weekly BEO meetings.
2. Create and maintain a good working relationship with the Banquet Manager to ensure a high level of comfort with Banquet operations.
3. Actively markets and solicits business in specific market segments as directed by the Area Director of Sales to expand the base of accounts.
4. Understands the overall competitors – strengths and weaknesses, meeting space, catering options
5. Work collaboratively with other sales team members to ensure sales efforts are coordinated. Brain storm with the team on how to generate new business, and penetrate/saturate current accounts.
6. Monitor and evaluate, on a continuous basis, the level of service maintained by the Banquets Department and communicates praise and concern to the Banquets Captain, Chef, General Manager and/or Area Director of Sales as appropriate.
7. Actively participates in local area community events and other local civic groups and companies to maintain a good rapport with them and to ensure added solicitation and local market needs are met.
8. Drive customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process. Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs. Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
9. Implement process improvements and best practices through coordination and communication with Area Director of Sales, General Manager, Chef and Banquets Captain.
10. Generating all contracted agreements, proposals, follow up and other letter of correspondence to deliver a seamless experience as well as build client relationships and loyalty. Responsible for pricing meeting room rental and catering food revenue in way that will maximize profits for the hotel and the food and beverage department.
11. Work directly with Account Executives on pricing, strategy, and execution of groups that have more than 10 sleeping rooms a night and meeting space.
12. Plan and execute effective Sales Blitz and/or customer events.
13. Planning and execution of all events, catering functions and meetings from initial contact negotiations to event day and hand off to banquet team. Responsible for collecting final payment from client and following up to ensure guest satisfaction exceeded.
14. Manages the clerical work of the department; including customer correspondence, function sheets, banquet event orders, event schedules, reports and special projects.
15. Prepares weekly sales reporting and action plans to maximize sales efforts and minimize gap periods.
Skills and Abilities
· Originate and carry out catering campaigns
· Have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and have fun at the same time
· Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and part of a team
· Authentic and approachable and can connect with a diverse group of people
· Displays a high sense of integrity, professional courage and judgement
· Competency in increasing sales and acquiring business
· Work well under pressure; sensitive to tight or short time requirements
· Speak and write clearly and convincingly and have excellent telephone skills
· Have working knowledge of room set-ups, including audio visual equipment
· Work well with all kinds of people
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, vacation, 401K and bonus programs.
Hours are generally Monday - Friday 830am – 5pm with additional presence at larger events and will include the occasional Saturday.Interested candidates for this exciting opportunity are requested to provide cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references.
|Position Available||Available now|
DOE , plus good bonus and benefits package
, plus good bonus and benefits package
|Contact Name||Summer Putnam|
|Title||Area Director of Sales|
|Company||In Group Hospitality|
|Address||345 West 100 South|
|City, Zip||Salt Lake City, UT 84101|